Forum rules - please read before posting.

Embracelet

Hi!

September 24th my second Adventure Creator game gets released on Nintendo Switch and Steam :)

Launch Trailer:

Embracelet is an adventure game set in Northern Norway - a unique coming of age story about love, loss, friendship and family - and a magical bracelet with mysterious powers!

If you think this looks interesting, you can wishlist the game on Steam right now:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1311510/Embracelet/

Big thanks to Chris for making Adventure Creator such a great and valuable asset!

Comments

• Congrats, looks really nice!

Any tips you can share for anyone else looking to port to Switch?

• Thank you! Porting to Switch is a lot of work, but the core Adventure Creator systems works well on the Switch. A lot (most) of the technical challenges are under NDA, so I can't be too specific. You definitely need programming experience porting to consoles and be able to dive into technical documents and other SDK's. The two main challenges when porting to Switch is the control scheme (I use rewired) and the save system which does not work out of the box. This is the second game I publish on the Switch, and I'm glad I already had some experience before doing this version! :)

• edited September 2020

Looks interesting. Takes place on a Norwegian island! Can't tell from the description or video, though does it contain any Norwegian forklore, things like that? Looks good in any case.

• Hey, sorry for the late reply! Pretty busy times with releasing a game on two platforms :)
    It does not contain much folklore, but the themes of the game are based on life in the outskirts of Norway and how life used to be back in the old days compared to now.

• Quite understandable :) Thanks for the reply. That sounds interesting.

Not sure if you know "The Longest Journey" and Dreamfall Chapters games (but am assuming so as these forums are for adventure game creators after all), though I saw Ragnar Tørnquist, writer/director of those games, retweeted Embracelet's launch post.

Congrats on the launch!

• Thanks, I actually saw that! Funny side note, I actually worked on The Longest Journey, I had my internship in Funcom when studying animation and got to animate quite a few of the background characters in the game. Fun times!