Forum rules - please read before posting.

Re-Enter Scene Issue

Hi Everyone

v1.71.8

Im having an issue with re-entering a scene after leaving it. Its the first scene of the game... it starts with a cutscene and I have a variable to allow me to re-enter the scene without running the cut scene again. This is what happens:

• I re-enter the scene and the action list in the cut scene as per the variable does not run. Instead my character re-enters the scene and goes to a marker way on the other side of the scene without that being setup.

• when I leave the scene after this and re-enter again, the screen goes black and the player just appears at the hotspot (exit) facing the incorrect way.

All scenes are in the build and enter/exits are done via the "exit" hotspot's Use interaction where I will use a scene switch action item by name. It's so strange, it should just follow the actions Ive set out but this happens instead. Ive added some screens below. Any help here would be very appreciated. I can provide additional screenshots on request. Been struggling with this for a couple days.

Comments

• Try to use On load to as you use On start in scene manager window.

What I actually have is that I have both OnLoad and Onstart cutscenes and they both just have one action list Run action list, that runs all the stuff .

• Try to use On load to as you use On start in scene manager window.

OnLoad is only called if you enter the scene by loading a save file. OnStart is used if you enter the scene through gameplay, as is the case here.

when I leave the scene after this and re-enter again, the screen goes black and the player just appears at the hotspot (exit) facing the incorrect way.

So, this happens when the Player enters the scene for the third time? And they're positioned as though they were leaving the scene?

Does this scene rely on a local Player, and/or are you using player-switching mechanics?

Nothing stands out from the screenshots. The best way forward would be to debug your ActionLists by running your OnStart manually (via the "Run now" button in its Inspector), and assigning comments to some of the Actions to work out what's being run.

Comments can be enabled for an Action via its top-right cog menu, and these can be printed in the Console from the bottom of the Settings Manager. See if you can use them to check if the Object: Teleport Action is being run. If it is, it may be that another such Action is being run as well.

A quick note about your OnStart ActionList - if the "SceneIntroDone" variable is only accessed in the scene, you can make it a Local variable to keep your Global variables list shorter. It'd also be worth moving the intro Actions (i.e. the chain of actions from #32 onwards) to a separate Cutscene that gets called with an ActionList: Run Action.

• Thanks SkyTree and Chris for taking the time to make suggestions. Chris, I took your suggestions regarding the cutscenes and switch to local variable, deleted my player and created him all over. That did it. I had a "placeholder" player prior to this, Im thinking that might have had something to do with it. Thanks again.