Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unity Cloud Build Error

Hello,

We currently have a simple automated build generation pipeline setup via Unity Cloud Build and we recently received this error:

No Library cache found - ALL assets will be re-imported.
2: [Unity] Initialize engine version: 2020.2.0f1 (3721df5a8b28)
3: [Unity] -----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/Assembly-CSharp.dll
4: [Unity] Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Camera/MainCamera.cs(28,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'VR' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
5: [Unity] Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Camera/MainCamera.cs(28,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'VR' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
6: UPM Server already running, skipping...
7: [Unity] Initialize engine version: 2020.2.0f1 (3721df5a8b28)
8: [Unity] -----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/Assembly-CSharp.dll
9: [Unity] Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Camera/MainCamera.cs(28,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'VR' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
10: [Unity] Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Camera/MainCamera.cs(28,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'VR' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
11: ! build of 'default-windows-desktop-64-bit' failed. exit
12: WARNING: Unity Version is different from previous build.
13: publishing finished successfully.
14: Finished: FAILURE**

Taking a look closer at the script in question it appears. MainCamera.cs is attempting to import UnityEngine.VR. We aren't using VR for our game nor have any plans to.

Are there known issues with this version of Unity (i.e. 2020.2.0f1) and the Adventure Creator plugin? This wasn't an issue up until a few hours when all of as sudden our builds our now failing in the cloud. Do we need to update the Adventure Creator Plugin Asset?

Comments

• What version of AC are you using?

Unity's VR namespace should be valid when building to Windows - I'm not sure why you'd get such an error.

Still, if you remove the ALLOW_VR define from MainCamera.cs, i.e.:

#define ALLOW_VR

Then that will prevent the code from being seen and it should then compile.

• We're currently on v1.71.8

I know it's typically better not to hack around in plugin/asset code, especially when it comes to getting official updates on assets

• This should be fixed in the latest release. Making the change above would be safe, as it'll be made for you when upgrading.