Forum rules - please read before posting.

Minor improvement suggestion - Add an AC prefix on DistantHotspot & BackgroundImage layer names

edited February 2021 in Engine development

Just started a tidy up of all the layers in the project after not touching them for a long time. I went and deleted the DistantHotspot and BackgroundImage layers not thinking I was using them and completely forgetting that AC requires them. Adding an "AC" prefix to their name would be a helpful reminder as to why they're there.

Comments

• They can both be changed in the Settings Manager's "Raycast settings" panel.

• edited March 2021

I'm seeing no options to change DistantHotspots and BackgroundImage layer names

• Ah - they only show up if actually used by your game.

You can, however, access the fields by viewing the Settings Manager asset in Debug mode.

• edited March 2021

Don't want to make this issue bigger than it deserves to be but FYI after changing the layer names in the settings manager asset, AC still threw up a notification saying it needed to create layers and went about adding them again with the default name.

• The original layer names still need to be present in the project, as the names you enter in the Settings Manager are only unique to that game.

You raise a good point, though. Perhaps an option in the Project settings to bypass notifications would be worthwhile.