Forum rules - please read before posting.

Speech file import -> Actionlists empty

edited September 2021 in Engine development

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if it's a bug or something I did wrong but after importing back the csv file for translation, some actionlists but not all of them, are now empty. Some in assets, some in scene.

I've added a french translation in the speech manager, exported the csv, then re imported it.

I re-imported the original column too because I needed to make some text changes and it was easier in the csv than looking for it in Unity.

Did you encouter this behavior ?

Fortunately I have a save, so at worse I can do the translations manually.

Thanks !

Comments

• My bad, sorry ^^'
    I've found that the problem was there before I import the translation file.
    I don't know what I did, but it wasn't from the import :smile:

• No problem - it's a serious issue, thanks for the report.

What are your AC/Unity versions, and are you dealing with any custom Actions or other scripts?

Do you have a backup pre-emptying? It'll be necessary to learn the steps that caused this. Do you see any pattern to the lists that were affected vs those that weren't?

• I'm sorry, Yes I've got a backup pre emptying, but can't figure out what's the difference.

I didn't do a lot between the two backups :

Add an external bluring script and then remove it and import the speech file, I don't think it can impact the actionlists

I'm not usin custom actions
    My unity version : 2021.1.15
    My AC version : v1.73.8

The lists that were affected were the ones in assets (like the ones linked to inventory items use) and all the one in one particular scene, in the other scenes the lists were fine. It's really strange

I took the pre emptying backup and start again and everything went fine.
    I imported the speech translations and it worked like a charm.

Sorry to not be of more help ^^'

• Could the external script have caused compilation errors, and/or make Unity go into "Safe Mode"?

If all's fine now, you're welcome to move on - if it happens again and/or you learn the cause, share details then and we'll get to the bottom of it.

• Yeah, the script make Unity go into Safe Mode once

If it happen again I'll let you know
    Thanks for your help
    (And your great tool :smiley: )