Forum rules - please read before posting.

UI Inventory button press not triggering every time

Hi all,

I have a Unity UI Inventory menu that contains the players weapons. The buttons trigger a Playmaker event when pressed however don't fire perfectly 100% of the time. The event will execute nine time out of ten and I was just wonder what could cause it to not fire all the time. Is there a way to debug an action list so I can see if its the Actionlist not being executed or Playmaker not receiving the event?

Thanks

Comments

• What's your AC version?

Actions can be assigned comments by clicking their cog icon in the ActionList Editor. If you enable comment-logging at the bottom of the Settings Manager, such comments should then appear in the Console when their Actions are run.

• Oh fantastic I'll try that and see what happens. v1.74.1 on unity 2021.1.20f1

• Okay so I tested it and its definitely not firing the action as its not showing up in the console. only happen 5% of the time but honestly not sure what's causing it. I have noticed that if I select another object that doesn't have a actionlist assigned to it yet it will cause an actionlist on a object with one to not fire first and needs to be repressed.

Could it be a setting I overlooked?

• not sure what's causing it.

If you're using Unity UI, look for the EventSystem that spawns in the Hierarchy at runtime and expand the bottom of its Inspector. That should reveal which element is currently selected by it - is it correctly recognising the item slot's button?

I have noticed that if I select another object that doesn't have a actionlist assigned to it yet it will cause an actionlist on a object with one to not fire first and needs to be repressed.

I'm not quite following your meaning. Can you share steps to recreate this issue?

• The event system seems to be selecting the right element. Sorry for the confusion I should stop working in the early morning hours. It appears to be isolated to the xbox controller I'm using as if I use the mouse pointer the issue isn't present. Ill keep testing.

• Never mind. It was my fault. Event system had wrong inputs defined. Sorry!