Forum rules - please read before posting.

not able to add any actions to corrupted?? action list.

Actionlist stopped allowing me to add new actions.

I get the following error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.ActionListEditorWindow.PerformEmptyCallBack (System.String objString) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:2287)
AC.ActionListEditorWindow.EmptyCallback (System.Object obj) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:2177)
UnityEditor.GenericMenu.CatchMenu (System.Object userData, System.String[] options, System.Int32 selected) (at <5ad584e208e14caaa9e6b2e6027e9204>:0)

Comments

• What were the circumstances at the time this message started appearing?

Open up AC's ActionListEditorWindow.cs file, and replace line 2287:

if (currentLastAction.endings.Count == 1 && currentLastAction.endings[0].resultAction == ResultAction.Continue)

with:

if (currentLastAction != null && currentLastAction.endings.Count == 1 && currentLastAction.endings[0].resultAction == ResultAction.Continue)

Does that resolve it?

• I started getting the error after auto-arranging the action nodes several times in a row. But this is the only example I've come across. I will try copy pasting the nodes into a new actionlist.

After replacing the line with your new code I get the following error when trying to add a new action:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AC.ActionListEditorWindow.PerformEmptyCallBack (System.String objString) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:2259)
    AC.ActionListEditorWindow.EmptyCallback (System.Object obj) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:2177)
    UnityEditor.GenericMenu.CatchMenu (System.Object userData, System.String[] options, System.Int32 selected) (at <5ad584e208e14caaa9e6b2e6027e9204>:0)

• Copy pasting action nodes into a new actionlist cleared up the error. I will let you know if I ever run into this issue again. Thanks.

• Spoke too soon. Tried reopening new actionlist i created and it's empty. Looks like I'll just start the actionlist from scratch.

• It sounds like a case of the ActionList somehow becoming corrupted.

If it crops up again, the second error can be fixed by replacing the same script's line 2259:

if (currentAction.NumSockets == 1 && currentAction.endings[0].resultAction == ResultAction.Continue)

with:

if (currentAction != null && currentAction.NumSockets == 1 && currentAction.endings[0].resultAction == ResultAction.Continue)

I will make the same changes to the next release.