Forum rules - please read before posting.

Drag camera rotation acting wildly for some players

2»

Comments

• Was mouse camera rotation working before the last edit? It may just be a case of removing the "return controllerInput;" line in that case.

To control the Speed Factor value in an ActionList, you can replace it with a Global Float Variable instead, so that you can set its value with Variable: Set. To do that, create your Float variable and replace:

return controllerInput * speedFactor;

with:

return controllerInput * GlobalVariables.GetVariable ("MyVariable").FloatValue;

Where "MyVariable" is replaced with the name of your new variable.

• edited December 2021

Was mouse camera rotation working before the last edit? It may just be a case of removing the "return controllerInput;" line in that case.

Yes it was. removing the "return controllerInput" line once again disables horizontal movement of the right stick cursor. Mouse rotation starts working again.

I'll try out the variable option now.

• The Variable method works! I'm now able to change the cursor speed according to the gameplay situation. Thanks for the help!

• I'm afraid I'm a little lost amongst all the inputs and systems being used now - it's been a while since the thread was begun.

If you remove "return controllerInput;", then AC will rely on the regular CursorHorizontal input axis when not dragging the camera. This will need to be defined for it to be useable.

• No worries - I'll stick with the variables method for now, it works perfectly.