Forum rules - please read before posting.

NPC speech skip only on the player's click

Hey! I can't figure out how to make the NPC speech skip only on the player's click. I need the game to wait for the player to press the button in any dialogue, and only then there will be the next replica of the NPC's or player's dialogue.
Found here only about the cutscenes, but did not understand anything. I need it not in cutscenes, but in ordinary dialogues.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Farlandsky. What are your AC and Unity versions?

In AC, "cutscene" is often used to describe any moment that the player is not in regular gameplay - this'll include times when characters are speaking if it also prevents the player character from moving under the user's control.

To have speech remain until the user clicks it, check Display subtitles forever until user skips it? at the top of the Speech Manager. Provided that the ActionList that contains your speech Actions has its When running field set to Block Gameplay, then speech should only end when the user clicks.

If things are acting up, share images of your Settings and Speech Manager, a typical speech Action, and describe the exact behaviour - I'll see if I can spot the issue.

• Unity 2020.3.18f1
    AC 1.74.5

• Thank you. Is the option above checked?

• Yes, everything works, thanks!