Forum rules - please read before posting.

GameEngine on Enter Events

Does the GameEngine has a function that I can call via events to pause game?

Comments

• When I open a ingame computer and press keys I hear in background the character walking. I tried the CharacterController.PlayerHalt but that did not work

• I was able to turnoff Footsteps while in computer mode but the character still moves and looks goofy to be 20 meter away from computer when I leave that mode.

• Oh and a way to disable temporary inventory (its on mouse over)

• I tried KickStarter.TurnOffAC that work well but then my mouse cursor was invisible or not there.

• I tried the CharacterController.PlayerHalt but that did not work

Unless you're using a custom motion controller to control your character's motion, you can use the Character: Move along path Action's Stop Moving method to halt the Player.

a way to disable temporary inventory (its on mouse over)

You can use the Menu: Change state Action's Lock Menu method to lock the Inventory menu. When a Menu is locked, it won't turn on even if it's Appear type condition is met.

Alternatively, you can use the Engine: Manage systems Action to selectively disable individual AC systems, such as Menu or Interaction, while in this mode.

• great thank you

• Character: Move along path Action's Stop Moving

Is that possible to initiate that via a unity event?

• here a screenshot what I mean

• You can place it inside an ActionList (scene-based or asset file), and then trigger the ActionList from an event box by invoking its Interact function.