Forum rules - please read before posting.

Importer inconsistent result for References

Hi,

I have this warning very often and I have no idea what does it mean? Anyone please?

Importer(NativeFormatImporter) generated inconsistent result for asset(guid:3a35d795f47c64cd883a8951f7a6107e) "Assets/AdventureCreator/Resources/References.asset"
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler ()

Thanks,
Jakub

Comments

• What is your Unity version, and how many "References" assets are in the noted folder?

The warning itself is from Unity, and may be a bug as highlighted in this bug tracker report.

If the display is valid, however, more information on this can be found here.

• Thanks for the answer, Chris.

I have just one "References" file in that folder and my Unity version is 2020.3.26f1 so according that Issue Tracker it should be fixed.

Jakub

• If you're using a "post-fix" release, then the message should still show but only when valid.

You'd need to follow Unity's instructions regarding the Editor Log if you wanted to get to the bottom of it, but if it's not causing any issue I'd say it's safe to ignore.

If there's a real issue with the References file, then your AC game won't run at all - so if it's running when entering Play mode and a build, it shouldn't be an issue.

• It's not causing any issue. For now:-)

I'll check build the game and if it will be okay I will ignore it.

Thank you very much for the fast answer.

Have a good weekend!
    Jakub