Forum rules - please read before posting.

AC Menu editor bug: Inventory categories

I haven't found if this has been reported before.

This is a bug for at least more than two years of last versions , but I never reported it. (I'm using 1.74.3 right now, but as said, as far as I know this bug exists at least for the past two years as far as I know).

When making Inventory menus (at least with Unity UI prefabs), when you have multiple inventory boxes, there is a bug when selecting different Categories. I'll explain it better;

For example, I have a menu with 5 inventory boxes; Chest items, Hips items, Feet Items etc.

When editing what inventory box shows what category, when going to another inventory box, the category selection is bugged and remains the same as the previous box. If I change to another category, the choice from the previous inventory box carries over. I'm having a bit of problem to explain this in english, sorry.

This is usually fixed going to another menu with inventory boxes and going back to another inventory box in the new menu, but can get quite confusing with multiple inventory boxes.

I'm not sure if this happens 100% of the time, but is a recurring problem that an give a lot of headaches.

Comments

• PS: When I say is usually fixed is because right now I'm trying to make a new menu and getting lot of problems to make the categories stay....

Some years ago I thought the problem was duplicating inventory boxes, but making new inventory boxes doesn't fix the issue.

• edited February 2022

When editing what inventory box shows what category, when going to another inventory box, the category selection is bugged and remains the same as the previous box.

Understood, thank you. I'll attempt a recreation and let you know if I need more details.

This is a bug for at least more than two years of last versions , but I never reported it.

If there are other issues you've encountered, please share!

• You know how it is when making games... so much to do and when you fix something is easy to forget. I hope you have luck fixing that issue, I guess you'll be able to reproduce it as I had found the bug always on 3 different projects and different unity versions and ac versions.

As always after much going around back and forward around menus I was able to workaround it, but for sure I'll have to make much more menus with inventory boxes so if that is fixed it will be great.

BTW; performance with a lot of buttons on inventory boxes is always very poor (Also with Save games... my players ask me to have more than 50 save slots and performance is awfull...) Is there any way performance on the menu editor can be improved?

• I guess you'll be able to reproduce it as I had found the bug always on 3 different projects and different unity versions and ac versions.

Indeed I have. This'll be addressed in the next update. The issue stems at the point of copying an InventoryBox element, so it may be that elements that still exhibit the issue need to be duplicated and the original removed.

performance with a lot of buttons on inventory boxes is always very poor

By "buttons", do you mean slots, i.e. a single InventoryBox element with many slots, or multiple elements each representing a single slot? And would this be for an AC menu or Unity UI?

• Problem goes for any element where you can fill many slots, when seeing the element in the menu editor;

Any menu that have a lot of slots to fill gets really, really laggy, both when assigning the buttons and when editing the menu later (as to add more buttons or change some element in the element), with the prefab menu open or not open.

This was specially problematic when there was a bug on the menu editor that makes you having to drag and drop UI buttons multiple times in the slots in order to the menu to get the correct constant ID (I think you fixed that bug 'cause its been some time since I've not find that).

Is just a nuinance one has to suffer when making and finishing a menu, as you shouldn't have to modying them a lot, but I was just wondering if that was fixable.

• Thanks for the details, though I'm having trouble experiencing it despite testing on a couple of devices.

If you could run a Deep Profile while in Edit mode, that'd help pin down the source of it.