Forum rules - please read before posting.

Way to organize inventory items and objectives per scene.

Hello, I've been trying to figure out how to organize adventure creator inventory items and objectives in a way that they are scene locked. Something like local variables but for inventory items and objectives.

In my game, objectives and inventory items are scene specific. Is there a way to organize these variables and objectives in the scene?

if there is no way to do this, what is the best way to sort inventory items and objectives?

and what would you recommend for teams that are working in git to avoid conflicts when modifying the inventory manager asset?

Comments

• In my game, objectives and inventory items are scene specific. Is there a way to organize these variables and objectives in the scene?

Inventory items and Objectives are both global concepts - in AC terms. You can limit their usage to a particular scene, but they'll still exist across the project.

They can, however, be organised by preceding their labels with a "folder name" and a forward-slash, for example:

SceneA/Item1
    SceneB/Item1
    SceneB/Item2

When Actions etc provide a popup-field to select them, this will then cause them to be organised into sub-menus that share the same name.

and what would you recommend for teams that are working in git to avoid conflicts when modifying the inventory manager asset?

This was asked recently and I shared some thoughts here. I can confirm that the ability to change the IDs of Inventory items, Objectives, and Documents - mentioned in that thread - will be provided in AC's next update.