Forum rules - please read before posting.

Two functional requests.

edited April 2022 in Engine development
  1. Hope to add category filters to the variable Manager in the future! It's like Inventory Manager.
  2. Hope to be able to change the order of actions or menus by dragging and dropping.

Comments

• Hope to add category filters to the variable Manager in the future! It's like Inventory Manager.

Variables can be given shared prefixes to group them into sub-menus when viewed in drop-down lists. For example, if two variables are named:

• My Puzzle/Variable A
    • My Puzzle/Variable B

Then they will appear as "Variable A" and "Variable B", inside a "My Puzzle" sub-menu, in drop-down lists used by Actions etc.

Hope to be able to change the order of actions or menus by dragging and dropping.

Actions are best re-ordered in the Action List Editor, rather than in the Inspector.

For menus: agreed that drag-dropping their order would be nice, though do be aware that their order does not affect their drawing order when using Unity UI, which is the recommended rendering method.

• Thanks! ChrisIceBox!