Forum rules - please read before posting.

Get access to inventory item amount

Hello, I have an inventory item set to can carry multiple. The idea is the player will be able to get multiple of this item. I need to get access to the amount of items of this kind the player has. But when I call

KickStarter.runtimeInventory.GetItem(_itemIndex).count

it always return 1.

I checked the player component and there is a section for current inventory, where it says the player has more than 1 of this item. Still the function above always return 1. Why does this happen? Is this the correct way to get the amount of a certain item in the inventory?

Comments

• Tried to edit but it wouldn't load.
    Also, Trying out

** KickStarter.runtimeInventory.GetItem(_itemIndex).maxCount**

does give the real max slot capacity that is set to 5.

I tried the following Debug:
    Debug.Log( "Item count: " + KickStarter.runtimeInventory.GetItem(_itemIndex).count + "/" + KickStarter.runtimeInventory.GetItem(_itemIndex).maxCount);

it always return "Item count: 1/5" no matter how many items of this type I have.

• The GetItem function requires the item's ID to be passed as a parameter, rather than the index it appears in.

The RuntimeInventory class is more of a "wrapper" class that handles inventory management. The Player's actual inventory data can be accessed with:

AC.KickStarter.runtimeInventory.PlayerInvCollection

This features a function that gets the exact count of an item, given it's ID:

KickStarter.runtimeInventory.PlayerInvCollection.GetCount (myItemID);

• Thank you!