Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot triggered when moving camera

I have a main camera that can be rotated to look around in the room. I use Touch method.
The problem is, when I drag to rotate the camera and there is a hotspot where the dragging begins, it will select the hotspot.

Question is how to avoid this behaviour?

Settings Manager->Activate Hotspot with double-tap? = false , because I do not want to double tap to goto hotspots

Settings Manager:

Comments

• edited June 2022

This'd be a case of using a custom script that:

1) Disables the interaction system so that default clicks/taps don't register
    2) Manually runs the Hotspot interaction when the touch/click is released

Try this:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class ClickUpInteract : MonoBehaviour
    {

private void Start ()
        {
            KickStarter.stateHandler.SetInteractionSystem (false);
        }

private void Update ()
        {
            if ((Input.GetMouseButtonUp (0) || (Input.touchCount == 1 && Input.GetTouch (0).phase == TouchPhase.Ended)) && KickStarter.stateHandler.IsInGameplay () && KickStarter.playerInput.GetDragState () == DragState.None)
            {
                Ray ray = Camera.main.ScreenPointToRay (KickStarter.playerInput.GetMousePosition ());
                if (Physics.Raycast (ray, out RaycastHit hit, KickStarter.settingsManager.hotspotRaycastLength, 1 << LayerMask.NameToLayer (KickStarter.settingsManager.hotspotLayer)))
                {
                    Hotspot hitHotspot = hit.collider.gameObject.GetComponent<Hotspot> ();
                    if (hitHotspot)
                    {
                        hitHotspot.RunUseInteraction ();
                    }
                }
            }
        }

}

• Thanks a lot, that worked great!

• As earlier said, this worked well as I needed it to work, but unfortunately there is still an issue:
    When I start swipe/drag to move the camera around, and the cursor is over a hotspot (for example a door), the the drag camera stays still until the cursor is outside the hotspot. When cursor is outside a hotspot you can drag seamlessly over any hotspot thereafter, it's just when start dragging the issue is present.
    This can be quite problematic if there is a big hotspot in the scene.

Please see the video to see what's going on (doors are hotspots):

PS: I am using the script above, really appreciate that one.

• I'm afraid I can't recreate the issue on my end - it's possible to move the camera when dragging over Hotspots.

Can you share screenshots of your Settings Manager, as well as your AC/Unity versions?

• budbud
    edited July 2022

Unity version: 2020.3.36f1
    AC version: 1.75.4

I have also tried to set the "Interaction method" = Custom script, but its the same result.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

• Here is how to reproduce:

• Use ConstrainedFirstPersonCamera.cs + set "is drag controlled" = true, get script from:
      https://adventure-creator.fandom.com/wiki/Camera_-_Constrained_first-person

• On any GameObject add the script ClickUpInteract.cs

• Place a hotspot in the scene, and just add a Use Interaction (No action needed)
      When Editor Play:
      • Try dragging from the middle of the hotspot in either way => Works
      • Click one time on the hotspot
      • Try dragging from the middle of the hotspot in either way => Do not work anymore
  • I still can't reproduce, I'm afraid - following your steps causes no issue on my end.

Give the latest release a try, v1.75.5, just in case.

Though, your previous post didn't mention the issue only occuring after clicking a Hotspot. By "do not work anymore", you're still referring to the camera only moving once the mouse has left the Hotspot?

• I will upload a project in a sec.
    "do not work anymore" means only moving once mouse has left the hotspot, yes.

• budbud
    edited July 2022

Here is a more clean version:
    [REDACTED]
    Note: Above file is deleted, use this !
    As previous, green & red boxes are hotspots.

• Try dragging from the middle of a hotspot in either way => Works: camera moves regardless of where swipe/drag starts
    • Click one time on the hotspot
    • Try dragging from the middle of a hotspot in either way => Do not work: Now, camera only moving once mouse has left the hotspot
  • edited July 2022

Link removed. AC is a paid-for assets and links to its source code may not be posted on the forum - see the forum rules.

I downloaded the link before removing it and will take a look.

• Sorry about that, I actually did not think about it, I have removed the file now.

• Recreated.

Seems like the easiest approach is to have the script use its own ray length for detecting Hotspots, and reduce the Settings Manager's Hotspot ray length to zero:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class ClickUpInteract : MonoBehaviour
    {

public float rayLength = 20f;

private void Start ()
        {
            KickStarter.stateHandler.SetInteractionSystem (false);
        }

private void Update ()
        {
            if ((Input.GetMouseButtonUp (0) || (Input.touchCount == 1 && Input.GetTouch (0).phase == TouchPhase.Ended)) && KickStarter.stateHandler.IsInGameplay () && KickStarter.playerInput.GetDragState () == DragState.None)
            {
                Ray ray = Camera.main.ScreenPointToRay (KickStarter.playerInput.GetMousePosition ());
                if (Physics.Raycast (ray, out RaycastHit hit, rayLength, 1 << LayerMask.NameToLayer (KickStarter.settingsManager.hotspotLayer)))
                {
                    Hotspot hitHotspot = hit.collider.gameObject.GetComponent<Hotspot> ();
                    if (hitHotspot)
                    {
                        hitHotspot.RunUseInteraction ();
                    }
                }
            }
        }

}