Forum rules - please read before posting.

Fusing AC seamlessly with other big adventure toolkits

So after several days of trial & error, I managed to integrate AC with First person narrative adventures (Target Soft), the only big adventure toolset that does tolerate to co-exist with another in the same project. All the others I tried did not: First Person Exploration Kit, Adventure Puzzle Toolkit, Horror FPS Kit etc., since they're fighting for control even with extensive tweaking, and throwing many null references etc... It's never as simple as just doing AC.KickStarter.TurnOffAC () as the manual would say, since you'll want to keep AC active concurrently for several reasons, including active global variables.

The incentive for even trying this is that you get the best of both worlds: the DIY extensiveness of AC, and the game-ready puzzle systems, examine systems, padlock systems etc. of these toolsets that would be a pain to create in AC from scratch.

Does anyone know of other asset store toolsets (besides UCC and Dialogue System of course) that can coexist with AC like that?

Comments

• How you mix-and-match two such assets will depend on your specific needs, but AC needn't be turned off completely. AC's Engine: Manage systems Action can be used to selectively disable certain aspects while retaining others.

• I was trying all options in Engine: Manage systems before messing with Kickstarter. Most of these adventure kits just didn't like the presence of GameEngine, even with Player, Movement etc. turned off. They all have separate namespaces etc. of course, but still. For now, the above toolkit proved to be the only one that co-exists okay with AC. Perhaps someone will find that info helpful.

• edited September 2022

@ChrisIceBox do you have any suggestion on what this might mean? I get it all the time with the above mix-and-matching, along with a pronounced slowdown of the gameplay. I suppose integrating the 2 assets is not seamless after all.

Resolve of invalid GC handle. The handle is from a previous domain. The resolve operation is skipped.
    UnityEngine.GUILayout:Window (int,UnityEngine.Rect,UnityEngine.GUI/WindowFunction,string,UnityEngine.GUIStyle,UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])
    AC.ActionListEditorWindow:NodesGUI (bool,UnityEngine.Event) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:1606)
    AC.ActionListEditorWindow:OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:245)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

• edited September 2022

A topic on this error message can be found here.

Any slowdown you're getting is likely unrelated - Unity's Profiler can be used to find the source of bottlenecks, however.

• Thanks again!