Forum rules - please read before posting.

Global Variable for changing character sprite

Hello,
so, let me try to explain what I'm trying to do. I'd like to set a variable to "true" on a light switch, and everytime that variable is "true" I'd like that variable to be checked on the character. If that happens I'd like to trigger a palette swap (character change). I know how to do all of that, but I can't figure out how to add an interaction on the character that checks for that variable. I know that you can do a character switch directly when you click the light switch, but I'd to automate it. as always thank you!

Comments

• One simple way of doing that without any custom scripts is to set a "On Variable Change" cutscene under the scene settings. In this cutscene, you can check if the light switch variable is true and change the character, and this will run whenever an AC variable is changed.

• so there's no way of automating this without a script? then perhaps I'll make the character switch directly in the actionlist of the on/off light switch. thank you for you help!