Forum rules - please read before posting.

AC ActionList failing to clean up scene objects?

edited November 2022 in Technical Q&A

This error is now constant when I run scene-changing ActionLists, and objects do fail to show up on the next scene:

Some objects were not cleaned up when closing the scene. (Did you spawn new GameObjects from OnDestroy?)
The following scene GameObjects were found:
Scheduler

Unity 2021 LTS, latest AC.

Comments

• "Scheduler" isn't an AC term - is it the name of an ActionList you're trying to run?

Is that the whole message, or does it come with a stacktrace?

I'll need steps to recreate the issue. Can you share screenshots of the ActionList and Actions involved?

• edited November 2022

Scheduler is not a name I gave to any of my ActionLists or assets. I suppose it's Unity's own then.
    No stack-trace, just this error message.

It happens on a basic OnStart ActionList upon scene change:

During the above OnStart, there's this UGUI Menu running:

And this is the Main_Menu_Credits_Onclick ActionList, triggering the error:

(As you can tell, I'm using this weird sound effect for mood reasons that requires 3 consecutive Sound: Play actions, but I don't think that would result in an error.)

• And there's also this, may or may not be related:

Resolve of invalid GC handle. The handle is from a previous domain. The resolve operation is skipped.
    UnityEngine.GUILayout:Window (int,UnityEngine.Rect,UnityEngine.GUI/WindowFunction,string,UnityEngine.GUIStyle,UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])
    AC.ActionListEditorWindow:NodesGUI (bool,UnityEngine.Event) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:1606)
    AC.ActionListEditorWindow:OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:216)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

• I'm afraid I can't recreate the issue. What are your ActionList asset's properties?

If you switch to a different scene, or from a different scene, does the issue still occur?

Try detaching individual aspects of the process bit-by-bit, e.g. the OnStart cutscene of the next scene, and the Actions before the switch.

During the above OnStart, there's this UGUI Menu running:

Is that as intended? The Pause menu pauses the game by default - or have you changed this?

objects do fail to show up on the next scene

Which objects, specifically?

And there's also this, may or may not be related

Unrelated - this is a Unity issue but can be ignored.

• Thanks. If you can't recreate, then it's a local issue again.

Asset properties are nothing out of the ordinary.
    Occurs with different AC scene switches, yes.
    I forgot to rename PauseUI to MainMenu, but it's otherwise intended.
    The gameobjects that don't make the scene transition are normally CameraPlay (3rd party) objects, so that may be the culprit.