Forum rules - please read before posting.

Loading savegame throws exception

Hi! Happy New Year!

Looks like I've encountered some kind of a bug. When I try to load a newly created savegame or a save from the previous version of the AC - at any scene - I'm getting a NRE.

eventManager is null for some reason. I'm getting this exception at the 1.76.1 AC version, 1.75.X was good. Is it a known issue? Should I change some game settings to fix it?

Thank you!

Comments

• Thanks for the bug report. It looks like it'll throw this error if your loading screen is not an "AC" scene.

Precede the line with the following:

if (KickStarter.eventManager)

I'll make the same correction to the next update.

• Thanks, Chris! Yeah, I'm using a non-AC scene for loading, it has only a camera and a sprite object with additional script for rotating this object.

After I made this change the savegames started to load!

if (KickStarter.eventManager)
    {
        KickStarter.eventManager.Call_OnDelayChangeScene(nextSceneInfo, ExternalCallback);
        while (isAwaitingExternalCallback)
        {
            yield return null;
        }
    }

But now the object on loading scene isn't rotating while loading.
    https://neurosaur.com/images/ac/dao.png

• When I'm switching scenes using the Scene->Switch action, object at the loading scene is rotating correctly, it stands still only when I'm loading a save file.

• I'm not sure what could have changed to cause this, but I'd suggest first trying out replacing Time.deltaTime with Time.unscaledDeltaTime in your script.

• It worked, thanks a lot!