Forum rules - please read before posting.

When a pause gameplay actionlist is running, none of the buttons on the UI interface can be clicked.

When a pause gameplay is running, none of the buttons on the UI interface can be clicked. You must wait until the actionlist is finished. What I want is for the pause gameplay actionlist to run while the player can also click on UI buttons like quick save, text fast forward.
Is there any way to do that?

Comments

• In AC Game Editor tab, go to MENU section and find the Pause Menu. Click it and scroll down to its linked Action List. Open that up and there you can change what happens when Pause State is activated. e.g. add a new Menu Action where you can control which menus are active/locked/unlocked etc... when in the Pause State.

• Are you looking to run an ActionList continually (on a loop) while the Pause menu is on, or just as the Menu is turned on, and what Actions are you lookint to run?

• Nothing to do with the pause menu

• By this I mean that when an actionlist is running, for example, a series of "Dialogue:PlaySpeech", the buttons on the UI cannot be reached.Your click will only continue the conversation.You can't trigger other interactions.

• A Menu being non-interactive by default during a cutscene is by design.

You can enable interactivity during this time, however, by checking Clickable in cutscenes? in the Menu's properties.

For this option to show, the Appear type property must be set to one of the following:

• When Speech Plays
    • During Conversation
    • Manual
    • Except When Paused
    • During Cutscenes
  • It's kind of weird. I did it(checking Clickable in cutscenes) but it didn't work.The element type is indeed a button.

• I'll need more details on your specific situation.

• What are your AC/Unity versions?
    • Are you using Unity's new Input System, or the default Input Manager?
    • Is your Menu using Unity UI for rendering?
    • What is the Menu's "Appear type"?
    • Are you navigating Menus directly (keyboard/controller), or with a mouse?

Alternatively, if you can provide steps to recreate the issue - or PM me a .unitypackage that shows the issue - please share.

• What are your AC/Unity versions?
    v1.75.6 2022.1.9f1c1
    Are you using Unity's new Input System, or the default Input Manager?
    default Input Manager
    Is your Menu using Unity UI for rendering?
    no
    What is the Menu's "Appear type"?
    Manual,enabled on start
    Are you navigating Menus directly (keyboard/controller), or with a mouse?
    with a mouse

• edited January 2023

I'm afraid I can't recreate an issue using a Menu with the details you've shared.

In a backup/duplicate project, import the latest AC release from the Package Manager and see if the issue persists.

If so, I'll need a .unitypackage of your assets - though given your setup it shouldn't be too many files. I'd need your Manager assets, a sample scene that runs a cutscene, and any ActionList assets involved when the Menu is interacted with. If you can provide this, please PM it to me and I'll take a look.

• edited January 2023

https://streamable.com/137ypl
    Test with a cutscene of a set of conversations.
    I found that as long as this(Can skip with mouse clicks?) is not checked, menu with "Clickable in cutscenes" works well.

• That's as intended - speech input will be processed before AC menu input.

However, you should be able to override it with a custom script that modifies the way input is processed.

Uncheck Can skip with mouse clicks?, and then attach the following script (PreventSpeechSkipping.cs) to a GameObject in your scene. When the mouse is over a Menu, clicking to skip speech will be prevented:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class PreventSpeechSkipping : MonoBehaviour
    {

private void Start ()
        {
            KickStarter.playerInput.InputGetButtonDownDelegate = GetButtonDown;
        }

private bool GetButtonDown (string axisName)
        {
            if (axisName == "SkipSpeech")
            {
                if (KickStarter.playerMenus.IsMouseOverMenu ())
                {
                    return false;
                }
                return (Input.GetMouseButtonDown (0));
            }

try
            {
                return Input.GetButton (axisName);
            }
            catch {}
            return false;
        }