Forum rules - please read before posting.

Skin Setter Script issue - Spine attachment disappears when skin changes

Hi Chris, I wonder if you are able to help with the below issue?

I have a script that you helped perfect called Skin Setter, that changes the Spine skin of the Player (attached to the Players main gameobject) and this is changed in game through a custom action and it works great. I also have a custom action called SetAttachment that you have been helping me with, that works in principle, where an object can be shown in the Players hand, but when the skeleton changes AC resets the skeletons and therefore removes the object.

So, I need a custom solution that tracks whatever the current skeleton is, and apply a combined skin that contains, for example, a suit and a paint bucket. If I disable Skin Setter script then the object stays in hand from idle to walk, but the skin can't be changed. Any ideas for a solution?

Please see screenshots, scripts and video here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WbAnuZY472bGUhKeiC0eajKG1C2NDqB-?usp=share_link

Comments

• So it's SkinSetter that's needing to be updated?

It sounds like it'd be a case of having SkinSetter record what attachments are present on the skeleton before whatever changes it's making, and then re-apply those attachments.

This is not involving AC, however.

• Yeah, must be skin setter. Any code you can advise would be amazing, thanks Chris

• Hi chris, would you have a starter for ten on how to implement this within code? I appreciate it’s bout AC related but any hello works be greatly received!