Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action List Editor problem and cutscenes

edited March 2015 in Technical Q&A
If I open the demo scene, I can use the action list editor with no problems. When I open the scene that I'm creating my game in, the action list editor pops up and freezes. Also, I'm unable to "Expand all" or "Collapse all" on the Cutscene script. Do you have any idea what might be causing this? I'm using Unity 5, the latest. I've been using AC for quite a while and have never had this problem before. 

It's worth noting that the popup Action List Editor is all grey and does not show any of the expected icons. I'm wondering if it's a conflicting editor sript of some sort.

Comments

• Instance of  couldn't be created because there is no script with that name.
    UnityEngine.ScriptableObject:CreateInstance(String)
    AC.ActionList:GetDefaultAction() (at Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\ActionList\ActionList.cs:452)
    AC.ActionListEditor:ResetList(ActionList) (at Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\ActionList\Editor\ActionListEditor.cs:577)
    AC.ActionListEditor:DrawSharedElements() (at Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\ActionList\Editor\ActionListEditor.cs:103)
    CutsceneEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\Logic\Editor\CutsceneEditor.cs:36)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:DrawEditor(Editor, Int32, Boolean, Boolean&, Rect&, Boolean) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build

\Editor\Mono\Inspector\InspectorWindow.cs:1150)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:DrawEditors(Editor[]) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\Inspector

\InspectorWindow.cs:959)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:OnGUI() (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\Inspector\InspectorWindow.cs:340)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo) (at 

/Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[]) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-

classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String, Object) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\GUI\DockArea.cs:244)
    UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\GUI\DockArea.cs:237)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI() (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\GUI\DockArea.cs:681)
  • ActionListEditorWindow.NodesGUI (Boolean isAsset) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:794)
    ActionListEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:315)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
  • This was a noob mistake. For anyone else that this happens to, make sure you switch you build settings to desktop player. Then, in Game Editor, go to Actions panel and hit the Refresh list button. This will populate the Custom action scripts. From there, you're good to go. Oops. 
  • At the moment, it's true: Actions can only be found when not in WebPlayer mode.  This will be fixed in the upcoming 1.43 update, however!