Forum rules - please read before posting.

Ignore collision error

1.43 is fantastic so far, but there is one problem I'm still having. I had this problem ever since switching to Unity 5 (AC 1.42 also had it)- Unity navigation navmesh segments are causing problems in Unity 5 because the "is trigger" check box needed to be bypassed with your "ignore collision" function in the navmesh segment script.

However, this workaround still produces the below error for each navmesh segment in the scene:

Ignore collision failed. Both colliders need to be activated when calling IgnoreCollision
UnityEngine.Physics:IgnoreCollision(Collider, Collider)
AC.StateHandler:IgnoreNavMeshCollisions() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:120)
AC.StateHandler:GatherObjects(Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:101)
AC.StateHandler:GetReferences() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:85)
AC.StateHandler:OnLevelWasLoaded() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:57)

I thought I saw on the forums here that you were aiming to solve this with AC 1.43, but it appears to still be an issue. However, previously it was causing massive slowdowns when loading a scene or even beginning conversations in scenes, but now in AC 1.43 that slowdown seems to be reduced greatly.

Since that is the case, is this just an error which should be ignored? Or does it still cause performance problems and need to be looked at? Thanks!

Comments

• A small mistake on my part is the cause of that error showing, but is anything else wrong besides that?
  • I'm not seeing any other problems related to collision, the error seems to be the main problem and generating the error seems to be what's causing these slowdowns.

For example, I tried to run an actionlist in which I added 3 items to the scene but when each of these items was added the error would be reported another hundred times at which point the game would freeze momentarily, and by the time the actionlist finished there were around 450 of these errors. 

Again, everything with collision seems to be fine after the errors are reported in the console but the actual reporting of the errors causes problems.
  • These errors seem to be gone with the 1.43a update. Thanks!