Forum rules - please read before posting.

WebGL error

Hi, 
today I tried to switch to WebGL output and when building the following error arise:

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionMovie.cs(28,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `MovieTexture' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

I'm using latest 1.43a

Comments

• Thanks for the heads-up.  For now, you'll have to delete the ActionMovie script file that the error refers to, but I'll have this fixed properly in the next update.
  • Hi Chris,

I remove ActionMovie.cs, but as I build the WebGl out put 3 new errors arise:

1.- Failed running /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Tools/UnusedByteCodeStripper2/UnusedBytecodeStripper2.exe -out
    [...]

2.- Exception: /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Tools/UnusedByteCodeStripper2/UnusedBytecodeStripper2.exe did not run properly!
    UnityEditorInternal.Runner.RunManagedProgram (System.String exe, System.String args, System.String workingDirectory, UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.CompilerOutputParserBase parser) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:68)

3 .-  Error building Player: Exception: /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Tools/UnusedByteCodeStripper2/UnusedBytecodeStripper2.exe did not run properly!

• Nothing AC-specific in there.  However, I'll do my own tests and see if I can have success with WebGL.  So far as I'm aware, the platform's still in beta at the moment, though.
  • Yes, is marked as *Preview*. But my thought about this is that WebGL is working in Chrome (and other browser...Firefox?), so Safari or Opera should have problems, but maybe not fail on compiling and output generation. But, just my opinion :)

Thanks!