Forum rules - please read before posting.

Undo in ActionList Editor seems to corrupt action list

When I hit control-z to undo inside the actionlist editor, it seemed to have corrupted the action list. It just shows the purple single line and two white dots. I've restarted a few times to no avail. It looks like I may have lost that particular action list to a void in the universe.

Comments

• NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AC.Action.DrawOutWires (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 actions, Int32 i, Int32 offset) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Action.cs:189)
    ActionListEditorWindow.DrawSockets (AC.Action action, Boolean isAsset) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:1453)
    ActionListEditorWindow.NodesGUI (Boolean isAsset) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:900)
    ActionListEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:310)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

• NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AC.ActionsManager.GetActionTypeIndex (AC.Action _action) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/ActionsManager.cs:408)
    ActionListAssetEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListAssetEditor.cs:108)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean forceDirty, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect, Boolean eyeDropperDirty) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1150)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
  • I don't suppose you can recall what you did exactly before you tried to undo?

It sounds like your actionlist may be corrupted - not just the action itself.  Best to transfer the actions to a new object - use the window to select all, copy, then paste in a new Cutscene or whichever ActionList type you're working with.
  • Ah ok, I'll give that a go. Thanks.
  • I have been having this issue as well, causing me to delete 95% done actionlists a few times. Maybe try this to reproduce:

Make an action list with a few actions in it. Then, delete the first node (the one attached to START), then undo that. I have seen it hang on that, rendering the entire actionlist useless. 
  • @Natrion: Thank you - I was able to reproduce this.