Forum rules - please read before posting.

HELP REQUEST: Enabling and disabling dialogue options easily

I have been playing around with AC Quite a bit and I really really love how great this extension is. So useful in creating really awesome games with all the fluff and work already done for you! Great job!

I did have a question however. Is there a way to enable and or disable a dialogue option from appearing in a conversation? At the moment, in order for me to make something work where a dialogue option is shown or not is by creating a new conversation. So for example, lets say I have the following 3 dialogue options in a conversation:

1. Hello, I am Fred.
2. Hello, I am John,
3. Hello, I am your worst nightmare

If I wanted to leave out the last line until something occurs in the game, I would have to have two conversations. One would need to look like this:

1. Hello, I am Fred.
2. Hello, I am John,

Then another would look like this(After a certain event occurs in the game):

1. Hello, I am Fred.
2. Hello, I am John,
3. Hello, I am your worst nightmare

This tends to be messy and confusing. Is there a way to switch it off otherwise? If not, can I add that to the list of suggestions?

Comments

• Dialog: Toggle in an actionlist is probably what you are looking for
  • That option seems to only toggle the whole conversation on and off, but not the individual dialogue options within a conversation. But thanks for the suggestion regardless.
  • Per the manual, it's Dialog: Toggle option.

Dialogue Options can be enabled and disabled using the Dialogue: Toggle option
    Action. This is useful for preventing the player from saying the same thing twice.
    Options can also be locked, to ignore future calls to be turned on or off.
  • I'm a putz! So, I went and tried again.. This time  I actually clicked on the conversations it presented me with.  After I clicked one of them, I finally saw that a second option came up to choose the dialog option. My apologies for that. But thank you for the assistance!