Forum rules - please read before posting.

Da New Boys: Of The Jackass

I just finished playing Chris' own game "Da New Boys: Day Of The Jackass", and would really urge all AC users to immediately stop whatever they're doing and go buy a copy.

Extremely well written, and very, very funny - I think I may have sustained some sort internal organ damage from laughing.

It's also a fine demonstration of well constructed puzzles and creative use of simple mechanics, so it really made me take a long hard look at my own design attempts. It's so easy to get sucked into polishing the visuals, but in the end it's the gameplay that makes or breaks a game.

So, go get it now - it's only $9.99!

PS: Make sure you have a waterproof keyboard - I found myself spewing various hot and cold liquids through my nose at several points during the game.

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Thanks for the shout-out!  (Though it's "Guys" not "Boys" :p)  It's true though: the graphics are pretty lame, so I was kind of relying on the jokes to make up for them.

If you're looking for more DNG, you can check out the animated short, For The Winnings - which was my first attempt at filmmaking way back when.

Who knows whether we'll see a return from the hapless trio.. ;)
  • "Guys" not "Boys" - sorry!

I'm beginning to rely too much on the compiler to catch that type of error ...
  • Tsk @Snebjorn didn't you hear... this happened in 1989

<:-P