Forum rules - please read before posting.

Actionlist-skippable issue (1.47)

Like I said in the official topic:
When I switch to a new scene, actionlist-skippable doesn't work. (no
problem with 1.46g).
Problem appears only when my player moves to a new scene. In
fact it skips the actionlist, but it's like "pause-gameplay" stay on.
Cursor does'nt appear, I can't move, etc.

After some tests, it doesn't work only when my player moves to a new scene AND when music plays across scenes. I can't disable this option, so...
Any idea?

A gif of the issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8WVZEj1CEz2eTdSNE8yNGZPVlU/view?usp=sharing
Edit: I'm on 1.47a now, same problem.

Comments

• I found a solution: My music game object was on all scenes where it should be played (because if it's not, when you launch a saved game and if your scene doesn't have this object-> no sound). So I used "play a sound" with "ignore if already playing" and of course "play across scenes". But there is a big issue now with "skip actionlist".

My solution -> the problem was the presence of the game object. So I created a prefab of this object, and an actionlist to check the presence of the object. If not, it adds the game object in the scene. If it's already here, it was because of the previous scene (play across scenes, remember), so no need to add the object.
  • Good that you found a solution, but it's still a workaround to an issue.  I will look into it.
  • I can't recreate this, I'll need more information.  How are you playing the sound, exactly?

In your Settings Manager, check List active ActionLists in Game window? at the bottom.  What does it show when the problem occurs?
  • Well, I couldn't recreate the problem with a new scene, but with my old save the problem is still there:
  • The "Pills: Look at" interaction is running indefinitely, and causing gameplay to be blocked.  Open up the interaction in the ActionList Editor - currently-running Actions should be highlighted in green.  Does it give any clues as to why it might be running still?
  • Not really, everything works fine if I don't skip.
    The action (speech) when I skip is still highlighted (and it's the same with others actionlists, interaction or cutscene).
  • I think the only way for this to get solved is for me to see it for myself.

Please make a duplicate of your project, and remove everything unrelated to the problem from it, so that the file size is as small as possible.  Then PM it to me privately, along with the Unity version number / platform that you're working on.
  • I will try, thanks!