Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue with Equipment System

Heya,

Long time user of the asset, absolutely love it and I've rarely had any issues with it. Started a new prototype today for fun, and decided to try out the equipment system package on the downloads page , and I'm having some issues with it;

The equipment system works fine on its own - it calculates Weight and Armour just fine, as in the example, and I can even move items from it into the Inventory system if I open both at the same time.
The issue is that I can't seem to move items from the Inventory to the Equipment menu.

I get no errors in the console, and the Armour/Equipment values calculate just fine when I remove equipment.

Here are my Inventory settings in the manager, if that helps;

On another note, just wanted to point out my appreciation for the asset in general. Along with Dialogue System by Pixel Crushers, this app has been the cornerstone of my Unity development for the last 5 years or so!

Comments

• Lied - there is one error, which is printed as soon as I hit Play.

• Welcome to the community, @sidebyinteractive.

Thanks for the details - I've recreated the error message that appears. It'll occur if the Player prefab is placed in the scene file, rather than spawned in at runtime.

I've amended the package with a fix - if you re-download and import the StatCalculator script, it should be gone.

I'm not sure if this is related to your original issue of Inventory items not being placeable in the Equipment menu, though. See if the updated package resolves it, but otherwise: what are your AC/Unity versions, and is this occuring for you with the Example's Inventory menu, or are you mix-and-matching the Equipment menu with your own game?

On another note, just wanted to point out my appreciation for the asset in general. Along with Dialogue System by Pixel Crushers, this app has been the cornerstone of my Unity development for the last 5 years or so!

You're most welcome, and glad to have you here!

• Thanks so much for the quick fix, did not expect it so soon!

The error's gone, which is always nice to see, but unfortunately I still can't drag/drop items into the equipment screen - I tried copying the settings from the Equipment Example Manager, but to no avail.

I'm running Unity 2022.3.20f1, with AC v1.80.5, and it seems like even the EquipmentExample scene isn't working. It's the same problem - I can move things out of the inventory, but not into it. Copying the settings into my own scenes and Managers has the same effect.

One thing I noticed, which made me wonder if it has anything to do with the issue - when I move something in the inventory, I can click to select it and move it, but when I place it in another inventory slot, the item appears in that slot while still being "held" by the cursor. I have to right click to deselect it. Tried playing around with the Inventory and Interface settings, but couldn't find a fix for it. Here's a video to explain the issue;

• it seems like even the EquipmentExample scene isn't working. It's the same problem

Odd - this is with all of the EquipmentExample's original Managers loaded as well?

Does the example scene also have the "right click required to deselect" issue in your video, or is that limited to your own game?

Though it's admittedly a bit of a hassle, it would be worth importing AC and then the EquipmentExample package into a fresh project - and seeing if the example runs correctly there. That'll help to determine if it's specific to your project.

• Found the issue, although it's admittedly a weird one and I'm not entirely sure why it worked this way - I had InteractionA and InteractionB switched around in my Input Manager as a temporary fix to circumvent another issue I had (one that I was able to fix today) and as soon as I swapped them back around, the equipment system worked!

Though it's admittedly a bit of a hassle, it would be worth importing AC and then the EquipmentExample package into a fresh project

I figured the least I could do was creating a fresh project to test everything - no problems at all, everything is fully functional!

Huge thanks for the help and advice regardless!

• Great, thanks for the report.