Forum rules - please read before posting.

Easy way to swap in and out hotspot/trigger?

Hi, is there an easy way to swap out hotspots and triggers?

IE i need to open and then close an airlock, my plan so far is to have two hotspots, one with the open and move player to a marker and one with the close and move player to a differnet marker, how is best to do this? As currently both my hotspots overlay and et in the way with eachother.

Thanks!

Comments

• ok so i have researched, and i have now done this:

1) You create one Hotspot, two Interactions, and only have one enabled at a time.  If your Interaction method is set to Context Sensitive, you can declare multiple Use interactions in a Hotspot, but only the first available will be used.

However, when I try and add hotspot change interaction to my open interaction, the action is just blank and does not let me delete it or edit it?
  • I mostly do the way you described it (using 2 hotspots).
    But you might try to use variables for that too, with one hotspot.
    Just create one local bool variable and check/change it in your actionlist interaction, as you click your hotspot.
  • Sorry I'm still confused, my hotspot had two use interactions but I don't know how to change it to use the second interaction for the next time it is used and back again on the third time it is used and so on. I have made a variable in my first use interaction: variable check local, change to false (from true) but how do I tell it to use the other interaction as their is no option?
  • There is a bug with v1.49 regarding the "Hotspot: Change interaction" Action.  I will be releasing an update out shortly that will fix this.
  • edited November 2015
    With a variable you click hotpsot, start  your actionlist  and check if it is true do smth and change variable to false/true,  if it isn't true do smth and change variable to true/false. One hotspot one interaction.

Don't want to mess with variables? Fine, similar way with sprite visibility check.
    Create a sprite anywhere and attach remember visibility component to it so it works/remembers the state when u save/load or change scenes. Now replace those variable checks with check invisibility off that sprite and set it's visibility accordingly to off or on. :)

Regarding 2 interactions on one hotspot, I'm not sure how it would save the state on save/load or scene change.