Forum rules - please read before posting.

Controlling how long subtitles are displayed

I have a project that uses PixelCrushers Dialogue System for dialogue subtitles, but uses a custom canvas and AC's "Dialogue: Play Speech" action for displaying single lines of speech -- Mainly for use when the Player character is "thinking out loud". Mainly everything works okay, but the issue I'm having is I can't figure out how to control how long the subtitles remain on screen after a "Play Speech" action is executed... Right now, it stays on screen for about 30 seconds past when it finishes printing the text, which is too long for short lines of text. I've searched the documentation, and I can't find anywhere where you can control how long the subtitles are displayed. I tried using an onscreen "Continue" button to let the player choose when to dismiss the subtitles, but I can't get it to do anything. Can someone point me towards anywhere in the documentation or tutorials where it explains how to customize the duration times for subtitles? I'm not sure if posting any info about how my custom subtitle display is setup would help, but I can if someone asks... Thanks ahead to anyone who can advise me...

Dave

Comments

• It's okay -- I figured it out myself -- I was expecting the setting to be in the Menu Manager, but it's actually in the Speech Manager. ("Display time factor")