Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue with Inventory Item Desc Property not translating.

Unity 2019.4.4f1 - AC v1.72.4

Hey, we're in the process of translating my current AC project to multiple languages. We're ran into an issue with the Item Desc of two inventory items (out of 25). These two items do not have their Item Desc included in the csv file when exporting for translations.

I've checked the Game Text section of the AC Speech manager and when filtering by Inventory Item Property all of the item desc's are showing apart from these two.

As we have all text translated for two languages now and full voiceover implemented I'm a bit cautious about clicking Gather text again in case it causes some issues with references.

Is there a possible workaround for this? A way to set the Item Desc manually? I've checked the scripting reference and could only find a command to get the Item Desc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• To be clear: Desc is a String inventory property? Was this property defined for the two items before the last "Gather text" operation?

The issue with setting IDs manually is that you also have to add them to the Speech Manager. You can do this by viewing the Inventory and Speech Manager asset files in the Inspector window.

However, I'd suggest backing up or duplicating the project, or using version control, and trying the "Gather text" operation again once it's safe to revert changes if necessary. It shoud be that existing IDs remain unchanged, but it's always best to exercise caution.

• Thanks Chris, gather text did the trick for picking up the additional item descriptions. Seems the last time I pressed gather text was prior to the script being proof read and apparently prior to those descriptions being added. (A huge oversight on my behalf) I wasn't popular with the translator who had to do a bunch of manual conflict checking and updating between their speadsheet with the different languages and the new csv I exported for them.

All sorted now though, thanks again!