Forum rules - please read before posting.

Trouble With Menu Title Screen - Won't display

Hello there. I was hoping somebody may be able to help. I'm having multiple issues with trying to get a rudimentary start screen to function. I have been following this tut as a basic chassis. But, somewhere along the road, my compass has been sent spinning!

So in literal terms. Peacemeal 1) I want to hide the main game menus, Inventory and have "TitleMenu" start straight away from this in a scene called - Title Scene.

2 ) The Menu needs to show up, click load or a new game ( as based on the tutorial ), and the game loads or plays.

My multiple issues are. 1, even when enabled and testing the menu build in the 'game' it appears to show as expected. When I come to actually play it... it is nowhere to be seen. ( remember i've tried to enable on start ). I can't really test if it is working or not if it is invisible. 2. All the default game menu's... including the main character still pop up. Is there a simple way for disabling these in this scene only without ruining them in the rest of the game?

Thank you for your help. happy to pass images across for reference.

J

Comments

• even when enabled and testing the menu build in the 'game' it appears to show as expected. When I come to actually play it... it is nowhere to be seen.

When you mention "testing" vs "playing", do you mean running the game in the Editor vs a built executable - or does testing refer to previewing Menus in the Game window while in Edit mode?

Let's see screenshots of your title menu's properties, as well as your title scene's OnStart cutscene. The tutorial uses the technique of using Actions to turn the Menu on - rather than checking Enabled on start? - so that the Menu doesn't appear when starting the game from other scenes.

The OnStart cutscene in the tutorial also uses the Menu: Change state Action to lock the default Pause menu. When a Menu is locked, it won't be turned on even if its given Appear type condition is met. You can use this same technique to lock any in-game Menus you may have, which will be Inventory and InGame if you're using the default interface. Just be sure to unlock them again with a similar set of Actions as part of the "Begin new game" ActionList.

As for the Player - the Player prefab you assign in the Settings Manager will be spawned into any scene that does not have a Player of its own. To prevent them from showing, you can either create an "empty" Player object that has now graphics - or just move the scene's Default PlayerStart off-screen so that they're present but not visible.

• Hello Chris. Sorry for the delayed response. Just moved home!

When I say testing VS playing. This is when I come to actually running / playing the game. It shows in Edit mode but not when I come to play / test the game.

I actually have to be honest and say for now - as this is a testing exercise that I have cut the opening menu screen. Although This is something I will need to revisit another day. For now.

P,s moving the player out the scene was a good option that worked very well thank you.