Forum rules - please read before posting.

AGS like "Display" function in AC?

Is there a way to display menus similar to AGS' "Display" function? I played around with menus a while but I didn't find a solution. Thx!

AGS Script: Display("Next Day. The Library.");

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Sure, that's possible. This is what I do. Choose the Dialogue : Play Speech action, make sure no player or any character is assigned, enter the narration text:

Then you have to create a new menu, e.g. a "Narrator" menu, with appear type set to When Speech Plays and the speech type set to Narration Only. Then you just create the menu UI to look like in your example, and it should work like Display works in AGS.

• Thanks so much, Eastman! I really didn't see this option yesterday. Great!
  • No problem :)

Fixed a mistake I made in the post, it was supposed to be "make sure no player or any character is assigned".
  • edited January 2015
    yeah, I thought so. I found the "If no character is set, his line will be considered to be a Narration" info yesterday, but I didn't manage to display it with a menu. I think I searched for a explicit "Narration" Appear type or so, so I haven't tried out "WhenSpeech Plays" at all :)