Forum rules - please read before posting.

Pixel Bleeding / Pixel Perfect BG's

Hey guys, I've initially started my game in Visionaire but I've heard great things about Adventure Creator and since I'm still in very early development I figured this would be a great time to switch over. 

Unfortunately I have one issue that I can't seem to wrap my head around. My background plates are 1280x720 and have a crisp pixelated look to them. When I align everything in Unity to a ortho camera it tends to do a lot of bleeding.

My settings are
Game Rez: set to 1280x720 / 16:9 aspect
Textures: Set to Point : True Color : No Mips Maps  (1pixel to 1 point)
Ortho Camera: set to size of 360 (Half the 720 since its 1pixel to 1 point)
Player: set to Fantastic

Tried in both Direct x 9 and 11 , tried offsetting .5 pixels but I'm still getting a small bleed on the BG plate. If you look at the dead guys butt/undies line you will see the area of concert. 

Big thanks ahead of time for your help.
Greg

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Solved the problem myself by accidentally fiddling with the settings  :)

The issue was that my Max Texture size was set to 1024 as it is by default. Since this image larger  ( 1280x720 )it was getting bottle-necked by the engine settings.  I bumped up the texture size to 4096 and now everything is exactly as it should be :) 
  • I was going to say the bleeding you are experience is probably down to that guy's blood there all over the road. Bleeding seems unavoidable.
  • @Greg If max texture is set to 1024, then your bg is resized and will have some bilinear stuff applied.

And hey... your game looks great!

@xidore xDDDDDD