Forum rules - please read before posting.

Footsteps

Hello all.

I would like to have the footsteps sfx play when the actual foot hits the ground. I would also like to choose Randomally from a List or Array the actual sfx file.

I'm good for the second half of my question but since mechanim doesn't support events yet, I'm hoping there is some type of work around for this.

Thanks

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Hmm, I think to pull off exact syncing of the footsteps, you would need to align it to the framerate in your animations. I tend to animate my walks at 24frames per second, so when I go into the animation window I also set that to playback at 24fps. Giving me the same speed as my raw animation, looping every 24 frames per second. 

The foot plants (Touches down) twice in a walk cycle so you can write a script that plays your prepared (synced) audio of the foot steps everytime the animation loops (or every 24fps). That way you will get perfect sync with the walking. 

• Umm.... I know it's kinda late, but If your footstep sounds aren't custom made to your animation, then it would probably be better to try animation events.