Forum rules - please read before posting.

Random Inventory List

Hi I am making a hidden object game and was wondering how would i make the inventory start a random list each time the game starts. I tried Variable: Check random number but this only have 1 list item come up and i need 4 out of 7 items come up randomly each time you start a level.

Comments

• edited June 2015
    This one is a bit tricky, but I have an idea.
    You would need to use onLoad or onStart to fire your actionlist that will generate your random inventory list.

All your inventory list items/objects should be invisible.

Your inventory list actionlist should check all your list items visibility and if not met send to Variable: Check random number of all your list items (let's say 20), then add the output to you inventory list and make it visible (if the result is 2 make object visible and add to inventory lis and so on) . Then send it in the loop back untill you inventory list is full. You check it by visibility again, unless you have a way to check that your inventory list is full.

It is gonna be difficult but doable.
  • Hi ended up figuring it out. I knew the Onstart cutscene part though. This action isn't finished yet but here it is http://imgur.com/NgcrpA2 It actually does the list randomly. It randomly checks 7 groups of 4 and thats what i wanted.
  • edited June 2015
    Glad you solved it :)