Forum rules - please read before posting.

Could not create animation engine! On Legacy model.

I have a legacy fbx of a fish with an animation, I want to move it along a path, I have done this with at least 25 other models fine, but for some reason this one is causing AC to tell me it can not create the animation engine. What else could I be doing wrong here? It is definitely legacy and set to legacy I have an animation component on it turned on but not set to play automatically.  I have specified idle,walk,run,talk all to be the same anim.

Could not create animation engine!
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
AC.ActionCharAnim:Run() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionCharAnim.cs:111)
AC.<RunAction>c__Iterator2:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:206)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(String, Object)
AC.ActionList:ProcessAction(Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:172)
AC.ActionList:ProcessActionEnd(ActionEnd, Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:313)
AC.ActionList:EndAction(Action) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:263)
AC.<RunAction>c__Iterator2:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:242)
AC.ActionList:ProcessAction(Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:172)
AC.ActionList:ProcessActionEnd(ActionEnd, Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:313)
AC.ActionList:EndAction(Action) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:263)
AC.<RunAction>c__Iterator2:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:242)
AC.<RunAction>c__Iterator2:MoveNext() (at 

Comments

• Actually Im getting the same when using mecanim, I also see:

Cannot pause while character moves along a non-forward only path, as this will create an indefinite cutscene.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    AC.ActionCharMove:Run() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionCharMove.cs:136)
    AC.<RunAction>c__Iterator2:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:206)

How would this happen? it sounds like my trigger is set to pause, but its not its set to play in background. I may be doing something stupid I will leave it for now and try again later but any thoughts would be good.
  • OK I cant get anyone at all new to move along a path (old guys still work) - everything was reimported yesterday Im wondering if somehow this has done something. It is still saying Cannot pause while character moves along a non-forward only path, as this will create an indefinite cutscene.
  • edited July 2015
    Really confused now, I started a fresh trigger which will move a legacy character along a path, but the character simply doesnt move - he does teleport to the start and strangely if I put up his speed he seems to sort of appear at slightly different places, but I do not see the transition, almost like an occlusion culling bug but of course I have not marked him as static. My earlier errors were misleading and from other triggers so I turned all that off. So I have nothing else happening and no errors or warnings but the character doesnt move, I do this many times in a typical week with no problems so I cant see how I have got it wrong, and all my old ones work, even if I take an NPC form last week and try to make it move along the path in my brand new trigger it works, it only seems not to work on models Ive tried in the last say 24 hrs. I reimported everything yesterday for the purposes of ticking "generate lightmap uvs" on all my models, and it took about 12 hrs to finish, that is the only change I can think of between everything working as expected and now - I have tried unticking that and reimporting these FBXs but with no luck. Anyway if you have any thoughts on what the hell I have done it would be nice, just spent an entire night staring at this.

Edit: I notice legacy npcs now include bone transforms slots, I never saw this before could it be linked?

Edit: Another possible clue, some (but not all) of my legacy npcs have a "constant ID" script, but the onesIve been making that dont work, do not seem to have this constant id script attached to them, why would that be ?
  • Sorry! Was actually all down to my own code, I had hacked in an optimisation to AC and attached my own custom script to each NPC with that optimisation, but forgotten to add the script to my new people so it messed up... Just took me ages to realise this but all is working now! One lesson to learn is to print something out such as "my hack here" so you dont forget doing this lol, I know ive wasted time before on similar situations! Main problem is on unity printing stuff out all the time makes it slow. Apologies for the whole thread, you can wipe it if you want :)