Forum rules - please read before posting.

Request for puzzles prefab

Hello, 

I don't know if it would be possible for you to create puzzles prefabs in 2D, for example, a numeric pad that would open a door and that we would just have to customize the value (answer) or a panel to enter a code by rotating the numbers (from 0 to 9, for a chest or any object that we would like the player to open), etc...

If it's not possible for you to do it directly into AC, could you do something like that that we could purchase in the asset store and it would be easy as 1, 2, 3 to integrate into a game made with AC? (something like that https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/37531 but in 2D and compatible of course with AC)

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Create/attach Hotspots to your pad digits objects that include actions to check them when you press/click on your digits objects then execute whatever you need.

Something like this:
    If you press number 1 remove or make invisible an object or use variables (true/false or integers).
     Same goes for the rest each 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0. In the end when you press open the door or whatever you have there call an action that checks your correct numbers you have stored either by checking variables or check your objects for visibility or presence.
      It is like you call checks from the first digit that is entered and then check the second and so on and if one of them is wrong you call stop or move on to check the next one, if all correct you call what you have in mind.
     If the wrong combination was entered reset your variables or bring back all your objects you made invisible or removed.

This is how I do all my puzzles.
    Once you made this you can reuse it in other related puzzles by using parameters.

Hope this helps :)
  • Thank you very much SkyTree.

I must say that I'm really a newbie in AC and even if I think I understand the concept of the explanation you gave me, I am lost in how to do it.

Maybe after doing the tutorials and reading the manual again I will understand better. I'm making 2D games and normally I'm a fast learner so I hope to get your explanation soon 
    :)