Forum rules - please read before posting.

Simple thing: How to make dialogue wait for LMB or Screen tap?

edited August 2015 in Technical Q&A
Apologies if this is ridiculously obvious: I feel like perhaps the late hour is making me dumb. Is there a preset in 'check input' which can allow an action list to wait for input.

I'm basically thinking of 'press any key to continue' where a touch tap input might also be a 'key'.

Comments

• You can use the Input: Check Action to check if a particular input is being pressed at the time that it runs, and then re-wire the "NOT" output back onto itself so that it runs continuously until the player responds.

You'll have to map the LMB to an Input in your Input Manager (the axis name is "mouse button 0"), but currently the same isn't possible for screen touches.  I will look at this in an update, however.
  • Thanks Chris.

A 'press any key' to continue action might be really useful. Or a way to have ANY input trigger a continue (in the case of touch or something like that).

I don't know what others do if they need it, or whether its even a common need.

Cheers
  • That's exactly what the Input: Check Action is for.  Touch options will be included in the next update, including the ability to check for single and double-clicks.

Know that you can also use Active Inputs to detect specific inputs at any time - see section 2.14 of the manual for more.
  • Great! I will also have a look into the manual.
  • Just adding my vote for a "click to continue" for dialogue : )

FYI - I posted this -