Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspots not working with player vicinity

Hello,

First of all: this is my first post here and I have to thank you Chris for your amazing work with AC!!

I have a problem with Hotspots, for me they are not working with player vicinity option. I am using 1.48b with Unity latest version on a Mac, and this is not working for me even using TinPot character in the Basement Demo scene.

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong here. I just opened the Demo project and changed control from Point and click to Direct and Hotspots to Player Vicinity and Nearest Only. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• I am also experiencing this problem, and it's quite a game-breaking bug to not have hotspots working at all!
    I'm currently using the newest version of Unity 5, and the hotspots do not work at all when using the Player Vicinity setting. I've also tried the demo's that come with Adventure Creator, but they appear to be completely broken in Unity 5.
    HELP!
  • Ah figured it out! Looks like I had to add a rigidbody component to the Hotspot Detector object, and then disable the kinematic checkbox. 
    The strange part is that I even tried the example Tin Pot character prefab, but noticed that his hotspot detector object did not have a rigidbody component either - hence the example is broken as well.

Is this a due to a recent change in unity or something? I don't recall having to add a rigidbody to the detector before - and this is also not mentioned at all in the documentation as a requirement!
  • Hello Managuan,

Thanks! I have this working now (thanks to your post), but it is strange as I had to create the rigid body in the hotspot detector object AND enable the kinematic checkbox. With the kinematic checkbox disabled it doesn't work for me. (?)

Thanks again!

• You're absolutely right Alacamda, I meant to say ENABLE the "Is Kinematic" checkbox. Typo!