Forum rules - please read before posting.

Potential customer with a few questions

edited February 2016 in Technical Q&A
Hello

I'm thinking about getting this since it comes with great reviews but the game i have in mind isn't exactly an adventure game so i'm wondering if it's the right kit for me

I'm basically making a twin stick shooter but with lots of RPG elements such as levelling, skill trees, random loot, shops etc. 

The combat system is already done but i'm wondering if Adventure Creator is flexible enough that i can use it inside AC?

Also, i don't mind having to customise a lot but the thing is i'm not very good at C# so i'm using Playmaker. That means any such customisation needs to be doable inside PM

Would you say this is the asset for me?

Any input is much appreciated 

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Not to scare any of Chris' customers away, but there are probably other toolkits available that will be a better fit for what you describe.

AC is very much focused on the adventure game genre, which is also why it's such a pleasure to use for that type of project, and it can be tweaked to do almost anything - but you will probably save yourself a lot of time if you choose a different framework for this particular game.

That being said, it works really well with Playmaker and most other 3rd party assets. A lot of effort has been put into making AC a model citizen in the Unity world.

My suggestion would be to check out the manual (150+ pages these days) and some of the excellent tutorials available on www.adventurecreator.org to get an idea about the philosopy and workflow of AC.

• Thanks for the reply:)

I will look through the manual and see if it fits and even if it doesn't i'll certainly keep it mind for other projects