Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Solved] Changing Scenes

edited August 2014 in Technical Q&A
I have looked in the forum, tutorials and the manual but I can't for the life of me find any guidance on how to make a multi-scene game.

Obviously the demo is single scene (2D). Am I missing something obvious and being really silly?

I have three scenes in my build settings and I have tried to put a hotspot to take me from the scene but it doesn't work. I have no idea if there are multiple things I've done wrong so what would really help is a step-by-step on how best to put a scene change trigger/hotspot in.

Anyone help me out? 
Thanks.
:-/

Comments

• So... moments later I figure out my silliness on one point (hadn't enabled the flippin cursor interacting with hotspot!)

So. I have my scene switch working but here's the rub...

1) How do I, in the case of a scene with something like left and right exits to different scenes, make the player show up on the correct side of the screen relating to where they just came from? That is, how do I make players enter scenes but the engine remember where they should be coming from in relation to the previous scene?

2) Also - I assume if the player has already been to a scene that we don't want the opening cut-scene to play. Is there a toggle for this?
  • 1) Have PlayerStart markers on both left and right exits. In the inspector for each PlayerStart marker, enter the scene number the player comes from in the "Previous Scene" field.

2) You can set a variable SkipIntro to true when a cutscene has run. In the beginning of this cutscene you do a check on SkipIntro, to only continue if its set to false. 
  • edited August 2014
    Thanks Guran, I'll give those two implementations a go :) ...

[update] totally works of course! Thanks