Forum rules - please read before posting.

Controller Issues

I am currently using an Oculus Touch Controller for movement in my First Person Game in VR. I switched to direct movement from first person and that seemed to resolve most of my problems with the Oculus Touch controller for movement. I dont know if that's the best option but now I can turn the camera view with the controller stick. I currently have a main player that has the MainCameraVr as a child. I figure that way I can use hotspots and triggers and such. So with Direct Movemment I can turn the left stick on the Oculus Touch controller to the right and it turns the camera. But when I try and go backwards by moving the left stick backwards it just rotates the view around until I let it go. Any idea how to make the stick move me backwards like reverse instead of rotating the view endlessly? Also when I flick the stick to the right or left it just rotates it in that direction in 45 degrees. I hope this makes sense. Please help!!