Forum rules - please read before posting.

[SOLVED] NullReferenceException when loading

edited March 2018 in Technical Q&A
Edit: A PM global variable was missing and it was linked to a AC global variable. That was the issue. I don't know how to delete this topic. You could do it if you want. Thank you.

Hi there,

I'd need some assistance in troubleshooting a game-breaking issue with the Save System.

Every time I try to load a (just created) savegame, I get the error attached at the end of this post.

This condition has appeared recently, but I can't pinpoint what I've changed for this to happen. However, the problem seems to be related to Global Variables not uploading correctly.

I have PlayMaker 1.8.4f5 installed along with AC 1.60.7.

What should I do to try to fix this?

That is... if the problem comes from a specific PlayMaker global variable not being read correctly, I'd like to know which one it is.

Thank you.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.PlayMakerIntegration.SetGlobalString (System.String _name, System.String _val) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/PlayMakerIntegration.cs:196)
AC.GVar.Upload () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Variables/GVar.cs:227)
AC.GlobalVariables.UploadAll () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/GlobalVariables.cs:68)
AC.SaveSystem.AssignVariables (System.String runtimeVariablesData, Boolean fromOptions) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:1598)
AC.SaveSystem.ReturnMainData () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:1297)
AC.SaveSystem._OnLevelWasLoaded () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:582)
AC.SaveSystem.ReceiveDataToLoad (AC.SaveFile saveFile, System.String saveFileContents) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:485)
AC.SaveFileHandler_SystemFile.Load (AC.SaveFile saveFile, Boolean doLog) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/FileHandling/SaveFileHandler_SystemFile.cs:124)
AC.SaveSystem.LoadSaveGame (AC.SaveFile saveFile) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:415)
AC.SaveSystem.LoadGame (Int32 elementSlot, Int32 saveID, Boolean useSaveID) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:340)
AC.MenuSavesList.ProcessClick (AC.Menu _menu, Int32 _slot, MouseState _mouseState) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuSavesList.cs:668)
AC.PlayerMenus.CheckClick (AC.Menu _menu, AC.MenuElement _element, Int32 _slot, MouseState _mouseState) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:2135)
AC.PlayerMenus.CheckClicks (AC.Menu menu) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:1830)
AC.PlayerMenus.CheckForInput () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:1912)
AC.StateHandler.Update () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:343)