Forum rules - please read before posting.

Animation Problems Pt.2

I'm not sure what I did, but for some reason my sprite would just fall through the floor whenever I started my game, even with gravity and a Rigidbody 2D component enabled. So I decided to recreate the project, named it, added all the folders, files and assets back, re-created the player character via the wizard, created an animation controller, dragged and dropped my animation files into it, changed the names of the animations in the parent game object via the inspector to match the animation folders, but my animations just won't work. :( I even deleted an animation file and re-created it, but nothing. My character's idle position stays in the scene and just floats around like that. The console just says it can't play any of the animations. o_O

Totally at a loss as to what I've done wrong. Here's some of the info from the console:

Cannot play animation clip EmeraldIdle on My new Player

-> AC debug logger
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object, Object)
AC.ACDebug:LogWarning(Object, Object) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/ACDebug.cs:29)
AC.AnimEngine_SpritesUnity:PlayStandardAnim(String, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Animation/AnimEngine_SpritesUnity.cs:791)
AC.AnimEngine_SpritesUnity:PlayIdle() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Animation/AnimEngine_SpritesUnity.cs:696)
AC.Player:Initialise() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Player.cs:121)
AC.KickStarter:OnAwake() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:986)
AC.MultiSceneChecker:Awake() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/MultiSceneChecker.cs:46)

Comments

• Retried Brain, which worked, deleted my character and retried it again and it's working properly. o_O

Very odd. I repeated the same steps, so I don't see how I did anything differently.
  • Turns out I'd switched off Multiple Directions and got mixed up with Diagonal Directions. Whoops. You can delete this thread if you want.