Forum rules - please read before posting.

[SOLVED] 1.29 Game Editor window not showing up

edited April 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi Chris,

after updating to 1.29 my game editor window would not update (it was still showing 1.28 as the version and new features were not available). After restarting the game editor window is no longer docked as a tab and opening it from the Adventure Creator tool menu does not work. On the other hand, action list and conversation editors show up with no problem. The game editor window also does not appear when a new project is created or when the game creation wizard is used.

cheers!

Comments

• Maybe you have a compilation error in your project? I had a code error which affected menus and got the problem you're describing.
  • No, that was the first thing I checked. Everything compiles just fine.
  • Hi domx, something similar happened to me before, probably because I had several versions of Unity installed, got everything completely uninstalling with Revo Uninstaller program and re-install again.

A solution that may work well is simply loading a new layout in Unity, returning the window to appear normal.
  • The layout solution did it for me, cheers Wesley! I wasn't expecting it to be something like that :)