Forum rules - please read before posting.

Version 1.33 - Bugfix galore! (Update: Now 1.33a)

2»

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Also I can't seem to find the option to check the current scene number as it was mentioned in the changelog.

"Engine: Check scene now allows both the current and previous scene numbers to be queried"
  • @Antonis: This should be the correct syntax:

if (GlobalVariables.GetIntegerValue (idvar) == "1") {

@Starcat: I'll look into the splitscreen action for you.  The Engine: Check scene Action should look like this:

• @Chris: Thanks! Regarding the scene check, turns out the action list in the game editor window wasn't up to date. I refreshed it and now I have the right action. :-)
  • @ChrisIceBox with that syntax you suggested i get :

Assets/Scripts/ChangeColor.cs(66,20): error CS0103: The name `GlobalVariables' does not exist in the current context
  • @Antonis: Sorry, I forgot - GlobalVariables uses the AC namespace.  Replace "GlobalVariables" with "AC.GlobalVariables".
  • @ChrisIceBox now i get this

Assets/Scripts/ChangeColor.cs(66,39): error CS0131: The left-hand side of an assignment must be a variable, a property or an indexer

if(AC.GlobalVariables.GetIntegerValue (idvar) == "1")

i will throw a party if this script ever works lol
  • You're trying to retrieve an integer but the syntax is that of a string (due to the " quote marks). Try removing those and see what happens.
  • edited May 2014
    @hedgefield Nah now i get

Assets/Scripts/ChangeColor.cs(66,39): error CS0131: The left-hand side of an assignment must be a variable, a property or an indexer

and it would not accept the ==
  • Have you tried splitting it up?

int thisthing = GlobalVariables.GetIntegerValue(idvar);
    if (thisthing == 1) {
  • I will but it's ridiculous that a simple things as that is not working
  • edited May 2014
    @Antonis:
    It's as simple as it can be.  If the variable's ID is 23, the line:

if (AC.GlobalVariables.GetIntegerValue (23) == 1)
    {
      // Do code
    }

will work just fine, provided the variable in question is an Integer.  The error you posted may be similar in cause to this.
  • @ChrisIceBox

I'm going to open a topic in Technical as updating to 1.33b hasn't fixed the issue :(
  • Every time I update Adventure Creator, I lose all my custom tags, layers and sorting layers (the latter of which results in all GameObjects having <unknown layer> for their Sorting Layer) - is this necessary? In addition to the hassle of recreating/reassigning them all after each update, it also breaks my sorting maps. 
  • The easy fix to that is to just not update the tags settings (and input and build settings too). Uncheck them during updating, they're at the bottom of the list. Unity is just dumb about conflict resolution so it bulldozes over any modified files when doing an update. That's not Chris' fault.
  • Just needed to change my triger flag from bool to integer where 0 = false and 1 = true it works now
  • You can also use GlobalVariables.GetBoolValue if that's easier.
  • edited May 2014
    Hey I'm getting some bugs trying to use PM variables in 1.33b

edit: moving to a different thread http://www.adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/293/playmakerispresent-causes-error#Item_1