Forum rules - please read before posting.

Speech, gather text resets all audio files to default.

2»

Comments

• edited January 2016
    I'm returning to this thread because I think it's related to the issue that I'm having. Please note that I do have a player prefab assigned in my AC settings (I always have).

Almost every time I gather text (for the purpose of using voice-overs), if I've made any changes to dialogue actions, some old dialogue gets assigned a new number, which sometimes causes a chain-reaction of following dialogues getting new numbers. This has a hugely destructive effect on my game, as I'm forced to rename/renumber speech files very often.

Unfortunately this is incredibly difficult to test and isolate. I can't seem to find what causes this problem, but here are two pieces of information that might help: I changed the default action from "wait" to "play dialogue" (since I use it more than "wait"); and sometimes I've noticed when duplicating dialogue actions, it creates duplicate numbered assignments, which I assume messes with the system. I think I'll revert to the "wait" default action to be safe, but I've had this problem on-and-off for a long time, since before I made that change.

I almost feel like gathering text should happening automatically, as new dialogue actions are created, so they can be assigned a number and that number is never used again. I'd rather have filenames with ridiculously long numbers than have to sift through all of my speech files and rename them again :(

EDIT: It seems that this mostly (if not always) happens with non-scene-specific dialogue. I'm renaming my files now and so far that's all I've encountered with incorrect file names.
  • A very serious problem (though unrelated to the original thread).  I will try to fix this ASAP.

It could be some combination of settings that you have is causing this.  If you can, please package your Manager files up and PM them to me.
  • Thanks Chris, will do so and send them through shortly.